Some patients have a history of intolerance to medications with side effects
Whilst there are different opinions whether testing is required for all patients, testing is recommended by many doctors for:
- Those patients that experience adverse drug reactions to specific medications
- Non-responders to specific medication
- Patients receiving mulitple medications
- Where the therapeutic action does not commence for some weeks e.g. antidepressants.
Testing is relevant for people that may be taking medications for:
- Blood clots
- Pain relief
- Breast cancer
- Heart disease
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers
Next Topic: What do the results mean?